Sunday, December 14, 2008

#28

Day of Thanksgiving #28: The Panera Parking Lady. I don't even know her name. But every time I drive up to the parking booth to pay my $.50-$1.00 for parking (depending on how long I've chatted with whoever I was eating with), this sweet lady smiles and waves me through. I don't pay a dime. Now, I always have my money in hand, ready to pay. I never take this gift she gives me for granted. I am so thankful for her giving spirit and I hope I bring her as much joy as she does to me every time I see her.

Today, I went prepared. As I was pulling out, she saw my face, smiled, raised the arm to let me out...but I wouldn't leave. I handed her a little piece of thanks - a Starbucks gift card. A small way to say thank you from this stranger friend.

I think I saw a tear. :)

No comments: