Friday, October 26, 2007

embracing accusation...

Matt and I went to a Shane&Shane concert a couple weeks ago and we purchased their new Pages CD. They sang a song called "Embracing Accusation." I've been playing it for the last two weeks straight. It's based off a passage in Galatians 3 where Paul talks about the law as opposed to faith in Christ.
The song talks about how the devil, so many times, tries to remind us that we don't measure up–and that we are cursed if we cannot abide by the laws and obey them. Then, in the second part of the passage he explains that our shortcomings should remind us that faith in Christ and His righteousness is the righteousness that saves us–NOT our ability to abide by the law.

Hallelujah.

You should listen to the song but here are the words:

The father of lies coming to steal, kill and destroy all my hopes of being good enough
I hear him say, "cursed are the ones who can't abide."
He's right.

Halleluja!

He's right.

The devil is preaching the song of the Redeemed

That I am cursed and gone astray, I cannot gain salvation.

Embracing accusation.


Could the father of lies be telling the truth of God to me tonight.

If the penalty of sin is death then death is mine

I hear him say, "cursed are the ones that can't abide"

He's right.

Hallelujah!

He's right!

The devil is preaching the song of the Redeemed

That I am cursed and gone astray, I cannot gain salvation.


The devil's singing over me an age-old song,

that I am cursed and gone astray

Singing the first verse so conveniently over me
He's forgotten the refrain...

Jesus saves.


"But Christ has rescued us from the curse pronounced by the law. When he was hung on the cross, he took upon himself the curse for our wrongdoing. For it is written in the Scriptures, 'Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.' Through Christ Jesus, God has blessed the Gentiles with the same blessing he promised to Abraham, so that we who are believers might receive the promised Holy Spirit through faith."

1 comment:

Katy said...

Amen! Sing it again, Katie!