Thursday, April 17, 2008

buds and giggles

Today I spent a little time in the morning working in the garden before really diving into work and before baby Brooke came for a few hours. I transplanted a few of my Moonflowers, vine-like plant with 6in diameter blooms that open in the evening and throughout the night (similar to Morning Glories) last week and now that the ground is warm enough, I wanted to get some bulbs (Freesia and DayLillies) in the ground. I also transplanted some Cosmos and Morning Glories. This weekend hope to transplant some Petunias and some of my perrienial Poppies. I'm realizing now that I have too many plants and not enough garden. I'll have to get some planters to just put on the deck for some of the leftover buds. Here are some updated photos of all the growth in the last week and a half. This is for Jenn who called last week to "see how the flowers are growing!

(click to enlarge)

In the afternoon I had my regularly visiting Brooke come over for a few hours while her mom, Nikki, was coaching softball. She is very responsive – smiling a lot and "talking" just to hear the sound of her voice. Here are some cute pics and a video I got of her doing a little "talking."





No comments: