Saturday, January 12, 2008

pain in the neck

What started as a minor irritating stiff neck on thursday has turned into some of the worst neck pain I've ever felt. Thursday afternoon at work I noticed pain when I would look to the right. It kept me up a lot during the night. Friday at work I resorted to sitting in a regular chair (instead of the exercise ball that I usually sit on) to relieve any additional strain. I took 4 ibuprofen and friday night seemed to feel a little better. Once again, last night, I was kept up all night. Every time I turned my head or lifted it to turn over while I was sleeping, the pain would wake me up with a jolt. Today, the pain has moved from not only the right side, but to the left and up towards the base of my skull. I feel a sharp pain when I turn my head in any direction and even when I stand or sit without resting my head, I feel lots of strain. I've taken ibuprofen, oxycodone, and just now I took a couple percacet. (not all at once, so don't worry about any drug misuse- hehe).

I've been couped up in the house all day because of it and our plan all week was to go over to a friends house for dinner and games so I hope I last through the evening!

My nurse-sister Laura has diagnosed over the phone a possibly pinched nerve (hopefully thats all) so I'm hoping the Lord will give me some relief from this pain soon! I'll keep you posted.

No comments: