Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Father from Korea

For the last few weeks, my neighbor's father has been visiting from Korea. I don't know our neighbors very well except that they don't particularly like yard work (he's usually out with his mower until the wee hours of morning because he's let it grow a foot high) and he only speaks a little english. I've enjoyed seeing his father make appearances here and there on nice days - usually doing yard work for his son's poor lawn. A couple weeks ago, I heard a strange noise as I was working near my sliding glass door just to find his "edging" a "garden" with small hedge clippers for a shovel. I tried offering our gardening equipment before and he adamantly denied. So, I watched him as he finally finished cultivating a 2 foot by 5 foot garden. I'm pretty sure he planted something, because a few days later I heard a splashing sound and discovered he was scooping water with a large spoon out of a large tupperware container onto the garden.

Today, Father from Korea is cleaning out the shed...in his blue long underwear.

2 comments:

Dulcimer said...

Awesome. I am hooked -- post more Father from Korea stories as soon as you have them!!

Amy said...

I can't believe I didn't see him when I was there! So funny! I have an extra toothbrush if he needs to wash his car!