Sunday, November 2, 2008

30 Days of Thanksgiving

Wouldn't that be awesome? I'd gain 30 pounds!

No seriously....

November is the month of Thanksgiving. We reflect a lot on what we're thankful for when we're around the turkey and trimmings, but I wondered what our lives would be like if we saw things everyday to be thankful for, rather than just taking those things for granted-no matter how big or small.

I had the idea during a run one day a few weeks ago, that for every day in November, I'd be intentional about finding things to be thankful for. Even though it's the 2nd of the month, I thought I'd still try...

You should do it too! Who knows? Maybe by day 30, we'll be seeing so many things to be thankful for, we will continue the tradition.

(matt and home improvement projects)

Day of Thanksgiving #1: My Husband. Saturday was a day filled with errands and projects that Matt and I are finishing up around the house. I'm thankful for my husband, who even now is diligently cleaning the mess we made from yesterday's project. Matt is a diligent worker who is committed to displaying godly character and living a life of integrity. He loves me for me, quirks and all. And he can dance. That's just a side note. Matt is a gift to me that I NEVER want to take for granted.

Day of Thanksgiving #2: The resurrection. This morning in Sunday school, we reflected on the evidence of the Resurrection of Christ. As we studied Luke 24, I couldn't help but acknowledge the promise we have in that resurrection. The promise of eternal life because of the price Christ paid on the cross....and that He rose again, resurrected to life. We are resurrected to Life. And for that, I am thankful.

No comments: